Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More pictures

Introducing LEO! Yes everyone we have a cat. It was a deal I (Sarah) made before we got married. He is cute some of the time, but since I am home more than Nathaniel is he wants attention from me. This usually means scratching at me and trying to eat my lunch. Nathaniel is very thrilled to have a cat, wish I could say the same. Sometimes he can sit very nicely and just purr, but then he wants to play and the claws come out. I am hoping my furniture is fine until we can get him declawed.



Nathaniel and I living through the flood. We are now able to take showers every other day, and I-380 and I-80 are all open again. Unfortunately that means that there is even more traffic on the roads. Our 10-15 commute to work has become a 45 min commute in stop and go traffic. We are hanging in their waiting for more bridges to open and for people to stop slowing down to look at the damage. Luckily most of the water is back in the banks so there aren't people stopping to take pictures. We are also down to only seeing updates on the regular news times instead of 24 hour coverage.

Just amazing how high the water got.

That Dairy Queen was one of the most popular buildings to show on the news. When the water was at it's highest it was up to the top of the awning.



There are supposed to be bridges in this picture, you can kind of see the light poles sticking out.

Where ground and railroad tracks used to be

Behind this railroad bridge is a bunch of boat houses that floated away and are dammed up behind

The Quaker Oats plant, we won't be smelling Lucky Charms for a while.

It really is hard to imagine from pictures how much water there really was. It was jaw dropping to see it in person.
Well that's all for tonight. I will soon put on some pictures of the house with furniture in it, but I need to get some cleaning done first.

No comments: